Empowering Citizens to Shape Better Communities
The League of Women Voters is a nonprofit organization of women and men, 16 years of age or older. Its primary purpose is to promote political responsibility through informed and active participation of citizens in government.
The League is nonpartisan; it does not support or oppose any candidate or party. It does take positions on public issues. League members study and reach agreement on issues before taking public positions.
OUR MISSION AND ROLES
The League of Women Voters has two separate and distinct roles.
- Voters Service/Citizen Education: we present unbiased nonpartisan information about elections, the voting process, and issues.
- Action/Advocacy: we are also nonpartisan, but, after study, we use our positions to advocate for or against particular policies in the public interest.
ABOUT THIS BLOG- Welcome to the blog of the LWVLA
The materials contained here have been contributed by various members of our League and others who have an interest in the topics of voting, elections, civics, government, and politics. The League presents the material solely for informational and educational purposes.
Our goal is simply to share and provide a resource for the free expression of thoughts, opinions, reports, and analyses consistent with the League’s mission of protecting and promoting voting rights.
- As a nonpartisan organization, the League does not endorse or suggest support for or against any political party or candidate.
- The League reserves the right to delete or discontinue publication of any information on this blog that the League deems inconsistent with rules governing communications of 501(c)(3) tax exempt organizations or that might jeopardize the League’s status as such an organization.
- It is important that our contributors and readers understand that the blog materials are not offered as, and should not be understood to be legal or political advice.
- Transmission of the information on the blog is not intended to create or imply the existence of a business, legal, or political relationship with any contributor to or reader of the blog.
- Also, the materials on the blog may not always reflect the most current developments and should not, of course, be taken as suggestions by the League of what political developments may occur in the future.
- For informational purposes, links may appear among the materials published on this blog and may lead to other sites or resources. However, the League does not sponsor, endorse or otherwise approve of the materials appearing at such other sites or in such resources.
Thank you for your understanding. Enjoy the blog experience!